Dipl.-Chem. Dr. rer. nat.
European Patent Attorney
European Trademark and Design Attorney
Technical, inorganic, physical, synthetic and organometallic and organic chemistry, pharmaceutics and cosmetics, as well as petrochemistry, glass/glass ceramics technology, automotive parts, adhesives, chemistry of catalysts and catalysis and plastics industry.
Wilm-Christian Haase studied general chemistry at the University of Bonn, receiving his Diplom graduate degree in 1996 and his doctorate in organometallic chemistry and organic synthesis in 1999. He went on to specialize in bioorganic, analytical and combinatorial chemistry during his postdoc research in the field of solid-phase synthesis of oligosaccharides at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, U.S.
References to selected review articles may be found at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022328X00006501 und http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/cr9903104.
Dr. Haase has been working in the field of industrial property rights since 2001. He became a German patent attorney in 2004 and, in the same year, a European patent attorney and a European trademark and design attorney. Dr. Haase joined our firm in 2006 and has been a partner since 2010.
One focus of Dr. Haase’s work is in successfully representing his clients out of court in adversarial proceedings and in adversarial proceedings such as patent oppositions, trademark oppositions and appeals before the German and European courts. Dr. Haase has gained hands-on experience from successful patent nullity proceedings at every level of court up to and including the Federal Patent Court and from various proceedings (infringement, vindicatory action due to unlawfully acquired patent rights) before the regional courts. He advises and represents both medium sized enterprises and corporations, domestic and foreign, on all matters of industrial property rights, including searching for prior art, and maintains a network of foreign communicating attorneys in order to successfully bring international patent applications to grant, while always allowing himself to be guided by the individual needs of the clientele he is advising.
Dr. Haase’s Scientific Publications
- Metal modified carbohydrates: synthesis of furanosylidene complexes and their aza analogues. K. H. Dötz, W.-C. Haase, M. Klumpe, M. Nieger, Chem. Commun. 1997, 1217- 1218.
- Furanosylidene and iminofuranosylidene complexes: synthesis via stoichiometric olefin metathesis and ring-opening/Mitsunobu-recyclization sequence. W.-C. Haase, M. Nieger, K. H. Dötz, Chem. Eur. J. 1999, 5, 2014-2024.
- Transition metal glycosylidene complexes – Synthesis and diastereoselective C- Glycosidations. W.-C. Haase, K.H. Dötz, Carbohydrates in Europe 1999, 25, 45-46.
- An N-unprotected Fischer azacyclopentylidene complex. M. Nieger, K. H. Dötz, W.-C. Haase, Acta Cryst 2000, C56, e174-e175.
- Spiro-C-glycosidation and C2-homologization of carbohydrates via Fischer-glycosylidene complexes: A strategy to novel organometallic disaccarides and a rare example of atropisomerism. Wilm-Christian Haase, Martin Nieger und Karl Heinz Dötz, J. Organomet. Chem. 2003, 684, 153-169.
6. A Novel 4,5-Dibromooctane-1,8-diol Linker for Solid-Phase Oligosaccharide Synthesis. L. G. Melean, W.-C. Haase, P. H. Seeberger, Tetrahedron Lett. 2000, 41, 4329-4333.
- Metal Glycosylidenes: Novel Organometallic Tools for C -Glycosidations. C. Jäckel, W.-C. Haase, K. H. Dötz J. Organomet. Chem. 2001, 617-618, 119-132.
- Recent Progress in Polymer-Supported Synthesis of Oligosaccharides and Carbohydrate Libraries. W.-C. Haase, P. H. Seeberger, Curr. Org. Chem. 2000, 4, 481-511.
- Solid-Phase Oligosaccharide Synthesis and Combinatorial Carbohydrate Libraries, P. H. Seeberger, W.-C. Haase, Chem. Rev. 2000, 100, 4349-4394.
- Solid-Phase Carbohydrate Synthesis – The Early Work. W.-C. Haase, P. H. Seeberger in “Solid-Phase Saccharide Synthesis” P. H. Seeberger, Hrsg., Wiley-Interscience, New York 2001, 1-13.
- Oligosaccharide Synthesis Using Glycosyl Phosphates. W.-C. Haase, O. J. Plante, P. H. Seeberger in “Solid-Phase Oligosaccharide Synthesis” P. H. Seeberger, Hrsg., Wiley-Interscience, New York 2001, 117-134.
12. Tools for “On-Bead” Monitoring and Analysis in Solid-Phase Oligosaccharide Synthesis. W.-C. Haase, S. S. Pochapsky, P. H. Seeberger in “Solid-Phase Oligosaccharide Synthesis” P. H. Seeberger, Hrsg., Wiley-Interscience, New York 2001, 165-174.